The Steamboat Springs Bike Town, USA® Initiative’s mission is to promote safety, community enhancement, and economic benefits through cycling. Our vision for Steamboat Springs: the ultimate destination for all cycling experiences.
A grassroots, community-wide organization, BTUSA is a catalyst for action. Working in partnership with community stakeholders we are shaping the future of cycling in Steamboat Springs. This partnership represents the local biking community, industry leaders, City of Steamboat Springs, Routt County government, Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association, U.S. Forest Service, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Bureau of Land Management, Steamboat Ski and Resort Corporation, and engaged community members.
A paid Director and an all-volunteer Board of Directors lead the Steamboat Bike Town, USA Initiative, providing strategic direction and leadership in the marketing and execution of cycling related programs and events in Steamboat.
“The Initiative is much more than just biking,” says Steamboat Springs Bike Town, USA® Initiative founder Grant Fenton. “We believe that by working in partnership with all related stakeholders, we can make Steamboat Springs an even safer and better place to live, and the ultimate destination for cycling. We’re so fortunate that we already have a great community. These efforts will all serve to enhance that.”
Have questions or need some local biking knowledge? We’re here!
BTUSA Accomplishments and Past Highlights
- Safe Routes to School map and programming established
- Creation of the Steamboat Springs Trails Alliance Master Plan and $5,000,000 in dedicated funding for trails and parks through the 2A Accommodation Tax Funding Initiative
- Assisted in development of improved Core Trail connection at Mount Werner Road
- Creation of cycling routes and trails website for visitors and community members
- Host of Steamboat Springs Bike Summits
- Implementation of signage and way finding plan on Core Trail and Secondary trails throughout Steamboat Springs
- Designation as an International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) Bronze Ride Center
- Hosted 2011, 2013 and 2015 Stages of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge
- Bicycle Friendly Community Gold Status designation
- Production of annual Bike Guides, a free resource for locals and visitors with extensive cycling trail maps, cycling events and community information.
- Trail user study conducted on areas trails and pathways
- Host and promoter of annual Steamboat Springs Bike Week
Can we be of further assistance? Complete the form below and we’ll be right with you: